Thursday, November 18, 2004

Coming to America

I got this from a random website that I have an old account on, and am wondering if it's the latest Nigerian internet scam (I wouldn't help them wire their Swiss bank accounts, so now they want to make out with me?). It's not spam, it was sent to an address that doesn't get automated replies. It's a mystery - a big, questionable, foreign, misspelled ball of enigma.

Beware, sketchy grammar ahead:

"HI
I came across my brother page on the(*deleted for his privacy*) site
I`m a Nigerian, and currently I live in Lagos,
Nigeria. I studied Business Administation and
Management in the University of Lagos. I
work as AGENT TO NIGERIA PORT,I`ve always dreamt and
hoped to work and raise a home in the United States
with a WOman of my dreams. I lived my entire 27 years
here in Nigeria,l though once or twice I`ve visited
other African countries
I`m of age 27, height 5.7 feet , and my hobbies are of
course READING, BUSINESS.MUSIC,SPORTS,I
love to visit the beach with my friends once in a
while.well just to say l like you, my heart can never deceive me,
l like to know you better,and l
will be very glad if you will like to know me also
better too,to be candid l like to know what can make
you happy,what can make you sad and l also want to
know what can really turn you on,then l will gladly do
it for you l hope we`ll stay together forever because
my happiness is reassured by you, I could have sent a picture
of myself rightaway, but as you can see,well I hope to send it to
you as soon I get a response
from you. I also wish to have a picture of yourself
sent directly to my email box.PLS LET YOUR RESPONSED BE THROUGH THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
BECAUSE THE SITE IS NOT MINE,ALL YOUR REPLY HERE(*deleted*)
I long to have your response as soon as you can make
it. Tell me about everything you think I need to know
about you. Tell me about your family, what you do for
a living and any other thing. Please take your time to
respond to my desire. What I
have to offer is real love and nothing else.
I`ll understand your conditions in any way you can
state them. I should stop here.
Please remember your response is greatly being
expected by me. Don`t forget to talk about what you
think about you and I together.
Bye for now.
Kisses,
solomon,
Lagos, Nigeria"

I sent him a response asking for his picture and more information, so we'll see what happens with this dude/robot/marketing collective. Hopefully I'll end up with a Nigerian mail-order husband!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home