Friday, July 14, 2006

bwa ha haaaa

I am about to embark upon a six mile paddle in what I'm sure will be wild and raging waters with a group that is counting on me to be a potential rescuer if things should go wrong.

SUCKERS!!!

Really, honestly now - why do people still keep putting me in positions of power and responsibility? I took a sea kayak rescuers course last weekend and all I managed to learn (besides how dirty bilge pumps look) is how to dump out of my kayak in a smooth and controlled motion, which is technically not a skill you're supposed to have. Getting back up was never quite as smooth or controlled. Helping others get back in their kayaks was an outright nightmare, and if I didn't drop them while laughing, I couldn't help myself from mocking their flopping-fish-in-pain attempts to wriggle back in on their own, and then they got mad and didn't want to be rescued anymore. Maybe I should try to rig up a rope and pulley system in the next hour or so - how hard would it be to tow an underwater trampoline?

That AND the fact that the crazy lady will be my dive buddy again this weekend promise for some good times in/out/around the water! At least it's outdoors, and camping. Somehow the combination of those two make many different potentially-horrible situations all right. I think there's some sort of secret ingredient in the campfire smoke...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home