Tuesday, December 07, 2004

It's the final countdown

I haven't updated in a while because I'm waiting for the next phase of my employment life to begin. They haven't contacted me yet about the interview results, though I did get a little note today asking how much money I would theoretically want if I was theoretically hired, which I take as a good sign but am not packing my stapler yet.

I've spent the last two weekends with family, which has been a nice change of pace from the city life. Monkey adores spending time out with the cows, and gets entirely spoiled by my father, who I'm beginning to suspect loves her more than me. Case in point: Last weekend I went to drop her off so they could Monkey-sit while I visited my brother down in Portland. When we came in the door, my dad immediately got all happy-baby-voiced and knelt down to give her a big hug and a Milk Bone. THEN he looked up at me and said, "Oh yeah, hi to you too!" No Milk Bone. No baby voice. I'm telling Santa.

I also got to see my brother perform in a boy band, complete with "wardrobe malfunction", see his classmates do a "Napoleon Dynamite"-inspired dance that had me teary-eyed with happy, and see my little 6-year-old fireball of a niece perform a ribbon dance with so much vim and vigor that I can pretty much guarantee her ribbon celebrity should she choose to continue on that course. Next weekend I'm going to go back down and see my nephew be a wise man assistant and my sister be Mary (yes, mother of Jesus). We're taking over the world, one tiny stage at a time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home