Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Workin' for a Living

Music that we have played today:
The 5,6,7,8s
Doris Day
Duke Ellington
The Gotan Project
Dusty Springfield (with sing-a-long)
Mel Torme

This is a non-typical representation of the variety of aural stimulation we typically throw out (holiday songs skew the average), but should give you an idea of the rather eclectic crowd I am currently hanging with. The only taboo musical offering that I have found thus far is Madonna, and I suspect that he only uses her name as a representative for all music that he finds "bad". For example, I put on some Eva Cassidy and he was fine with it until the fifth song or so, when all of a sudden he turned to me and said "Is this MaDONna?" in a tone that can only be described as, well, icky.

I like it here.

In other news, there is no other news. The Christmas season has effectively put a halt on the other freelance model project I was working on (for those keeping score, the deadline was November 15th. Now I'm guessing maybe mid-February) and an almost complete halt on my attempts at a social life. Almost. Holiday parties and birthday parties have been floating around here and there, but other than embarrassing myself slightly last Saturday it's been pretty tame. I couldn't help it, they were playing "Purple Rain" (the movie, not the album) on the wall of the dance club, and I spent a frighteningly large amount of time staring at the screen slack-jawed while various people tried to talk to me. Hopefully no drool was emitted, but I can't be certain. Prince is purty...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home