Monday, January 03, 2005

I think I'll build 2005 a cake or something.

The New Year's was very happily rung in sprawled on my couch with dog contentedly snoring besides me as I paused "Napoleon Dynamite" to watch the ball drop (on mute, so Regis wouldn't disturb my groove). I woke Monkey up with my Auld Lang Syneing, particularly since I sing loud when I don't know the words, and gave her a celebratory bacon snack to defeat her stink-eye. Good times were had by all.

Last night I went to a dinner served by Gloria and Celia (see "GLOOO-RIA" entry for more info on those two) and cracked up often at their bantering back and forth. Gloria was complaining at one point that Celia had never made her dal puuri (bread with yellow lentils baked in) and Celia said that she'd offered and Gloria always changed her mind whenever she started making it. Gloria came back with a largely nonsensical rambling excuse about how that couldn't be true (something about diets, riding the bus... sometimes I need a tape recorder). Celia grumbled like only a 4-foot-tall 90+ year-old Indian woman can and said "Some day I am just going to make the dal puuri and shove it down your throat." It's even better with the accent.

They also served Chandon champagne with mango nectar mixed in ("like a mimosa!") and red wine and a dessert with brandy sauce. Indian food with a buzz, what a great way to start off the new year!
Happy 2005!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home